Well…not quite. Supposed to be 63 degrees here today. But Tuesday and Wednesday…a 90% chance of the wintry snowy stuff. Grocery stores are crazy. I’m pretty sure they’ll close the schools. Who knows. Here in the South everyone panics when the temp drops below freezing. Crazy stuff happening here people.
Anyway…do you know what goes perfect with a snow day. Soup. Creamy, yummy, carb filled crock pot potato soup. Now if you know me…I hate to cook. I would rather stab my leg with a fork than to stand in the kitchen and cook. But I promise this is about as easy as it gets. Plus I didn’t have to stand in the kitchen nor stab my leg with a fork. And did I mention that it’s sooooo good!
Here’s how you do it:
- Bag of Frozen Shredded Or Ida Hashbrowns – 30 oz.
- Chicken Broth – 28-30 oz
- Cream Chicken Soup – 10.75 oz.
- Minced Onions – 2 Tbsp
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Cream Cheese – 8 oz softened
- Cheddar Cheese – optional
- Bacon Bits – Real – optional
- Throw everything in the crock pot except the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon bits. Cook on low for 5 hours.
- After 5 hours, add your cream cheese and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Now it’s ready to eat. You can add your cheddar cheese and your bacon bits if you want too. It’s not necessary though because it’s so yummy.
And that’s it’s people. Perfect snow day soup.