You know how sometimes you just walk into a room and it’s just blah.
Well I had such a room.
My powder room.
And it was blah.
So I changed it up a bit.
And it didn’t cost a dime.
I just made some stuff.
Moved some stuff.
Upcycled some stuff.
And hung some stuff.
I wish I had some before pics but I lost them when my laptop died.
Anyway…trust me when I say it was blah.
So first I took some wood that the hubs had thrown in the burn pile.
I know…shame on him…right.
Then I took some paint and a printed picture from the interwebs.
Slathered some mod podge over the top of it, waited for it to dry and then lightly sanded over the whole piece.
While waiting for that to dry I took the drawers from the sewing box that I turned into a firewood crate and…
Then I distressed them.
Then I added some burlap to the back with adhesive spray.
I sprayed those over with polyacrylic and waited for them to dry.
While waiting I searched the interwebs for a few more pics and uploaded them to blockposters.
I then just printed them out to the size I needed.
I found some canvases that I had in my stash and painted them white, then black, then another coat of white.
I added my barn picture that printed with mod podge and once it had dried, I sanded over the whole thing.
This gave it a rough and old look.
If you look real close you can see that I printed the pictures on 4 pieces of paper.
After the edges were trimmed it pieced together perfectly.
Next I just gathered random things from the house and added them to the shelves that were already there.
Here’s my block of wood.
And here’s a vegetable can that I had painted white and wrapped a little burlap around it.
Added some flowers and boom…
My sewing box drawers hang perfectly as extra shelves.
It’s not much but I can assure you there isn’t very much to this room.
And truth be told…
we don’t stay very long in there anyway.