I don’t know about you but this whole quarantine time I’ve done nothing but eat and snack and eat and snack and eat and snack and…well…you get the picture. Never in my long life have I ever climbed right out … Continue reading
I took some time off. From blogging that is. There’s never really any time off when you’re a mom. Am I right? Halloween came and went. After that…Thanksgiving and Christmas were here. Then gone. Just like that. Poof. We had … Continue reading
It’s hard to determine which I love more. Or need more. So who says you can’t have both? Not me of course. They’re like my life coaches. Coffee is there to say “Go getum girl!” Wine is there to say … Continue reading
Need a quick gift? What about a party favor? Or what if you just hate to cook like I do? And don’t you just love fresh strawberries? Then boy oh boy do I have the solution for you. This homemade … Continue reading
Well…not quite. Supposed to be 63 degrees here today. But Tuesday and Wednesday…a 90% chance of the wintry snowy stuff. Grocery stores are crazy. I’m pretty sure they’ll close the schools. Who knows. Here in the South everyone panics when the temp drops below freezing. Crazy stuff happening here people.
Anyway…do you know what goes perfect with a snow day. Soup. Creamy, yummy, carb filled crock pot potato soup. Now if you know me…I hate to cook. I would rather stab my leg with a fork than to stand in the kitchen and cook. But I promise this is about as easy as it gets. Plus I didn’t have to stand in the kitchen nor stab my leg with a fork. And did I mention that it’s sooooo good!
Here’s how you do it:
- Bag of Frozen Shredded Or Ida Hashbrowns – 30 oz.
- Chicken Broth – 28-30 oz
- Cream Chicken Soup – 10.75 oz.
- Minced Onions – 2 Tbsp
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Cream Cheese – 8 oz softened
- Cheddar Cheese – optional
- Bacon Bits – Real – optional
- Throw everything in the crock pot except the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon bits. Cook on low for 5 hours.
- After 5 hours, add your cream cheese and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Now it’s ready to eat. You can add your cheddar cheese and your bacon bits if you want too. It’s not necessary though because it’s so yummy.
And that’s it’s people. Perfect snow day soup.
The insides are just yuck. Slimy, nasty, smelly and just down right gross. Okay I’ll admit it. I had fun. And the kids had fun and isn’t that all that matters? I mean just look at that face! I mean … Continue reading